Pre Title Sequence

Hello and welcome to the personal blog for journalist and critic Joseph Ewens.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Sonic Adventure - Review - PlayDevil


I'm now writing video game reviews for PlayDevil.com. Getting a regular game writing gig is something I've wanted to do for a while, so I'm glad to have been given this opportunity. Here's my first offering, a downbeat review Sonic Adventure for Xbox Live Arcade.


For my 13th Birthday, my parents bought me a Dreamcast. It was a total surprise. Up to that point they had expressed fundamental opposition to me owning a games console. For that reason I've always had a slightly over-emotional attachment to the SEGA's final console and, it appears, Sonic Adventure. Divorced from the heady days of my youth, the game is shown up as tawdry piece of software. The only saving grace are the charming Chao, whose microcosm of evolution remains just as fascinating to me.

No comments: