Pre Title Sequence

Hello and welcome to the personal blog for journalist and critic Joseph Ewens.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Los Olvidados - Review - Den of Geek


I must offer you my sincerest and most apologetic apologies, oh follower(s). I prostrate myself at your sweet-smelling feet, writhing around in the dust making a face-down snow angel. I've been neglecting my little corner of the internet of late, in favour of other stuff like "work" and "having fun". But no more! I am back. No longer will you have to struggle through the day without knowing what it is I've written recently. Without further ado, if any of you are still alive, here's a thing I did a while ago.

Spanish filmmaker Luis Buñuel is most famous for his zeitgeisty erotic drama Belle de Jour, but twenty years previous he was labouring in obscurity. After being cast aside by moustachioed melty-watch man Salvador Dali, he ended up dubbing films in Hollywood and working at the New York Museum of Modern Art. He sought artistic refuge in Mexico and began making low budget gritty movies about real people. His most successful offering, and the film that brought him back to the attention of the world, was Los Olvidados. Check the link below to see what I thought of it's new DVD release.


No comments: